My JavaScript book is out! Don't miss the opportunity to upgrade your beginner or average dev skills.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dojo source ? 39,09 Kb generated in 0.0006 seconds

It's true, less than 40Kb for dojo.js packed file without any packer, just using my overbyte Editor

How ?
Just open dojo.js file (146Kb) with one text editor (sure, Notepad too), select all, copy and past them inside overbyte Editor working area.

Now click on download, and choose the first option as showed on image:


Save the file as dojo.php and test on your host ... so view page informations, it's less than 40Kb with all gz compatible browsers ;-)

What a news ?
The beautyful thing is that my auto-generated php file (about 300Kb) decodes this js source in less than 1 millisecond, exactly 0.0006 seconds on my "old" centrino 1.6 Ghz with Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2 running on PAMPA !

If You consider that generated file doesn't require zlib or gzencode function, as bootstrap js or php solution, and is compatible with every php hosting solution, You can think that JS size is not a big problem because You should decrease about 5X the final size.

I don't know how many Kbytes should be a packed packer version without comments of the same file, using my Editor to generate the php page ... but don't worry, result page will be generated in less than 0.0006 seconds :-)


I don't believe You and I don't want to view your damn Editor
Well, You could view dojo.php file using this link ...

P.S. Hey Ajaxians, Why didn't You find interesting my Editor expreiment ?

No comments: